What documents to keep after closing?
When you close on your new home there are certain items that you should be sure to hang onto.
- Purchase Agreement. It is important to keep a copy of the purchase agreement for your home as it details all of the terms and conditions of the purchase.
- Throughout the purchase process it is common to have addendum’s to the original purchase contract. This is something that you are going to want to keep as well as it may make notes on additional purchase terms.
- Repair Requests. After the inspection time of a purchase transaction there is the potential for a request for repair to be presented to the seller. The request for repair details all the items that the buyer wishes to have the seller fix before the closing of the home. Since this is another important part of the purchase contract it is wise to keep this as well.
- Copy of the Note. At the end of the transaction you should receive a copy of the note. This is the written agreement describing the terms of your loan. This will come in handy down the road should you refinance.
- The deed defines the ownership rights that you have of the property. This is definitely an important piece to keep somewhere safe.